Instructure, Remote in Portland, OR
Instructure is an educational software company with an industry leading Learning Management System, Canvas, which is a platform for K12 and Higher Education online courses.
- Created and defined the initial MVP for Canvas Commons, a Learning Object Repository, and launched to beta in six months, delivering on a strategic market timeline
- Led the product adoption strategy of Canvas Commons with marketing, sales, and customer success, which resulted in 85% adoption by the account base in a one year period
- Created, established buy-in, and kicked-off the business case to reduce customer support costs by a conservative estimate of > $1M via integrating a service that alleviated friction for workflows requiring the most support intervention and contributed to the company-wide goal to become profitable
- Strategized and led product development of the account migration of six million users off of a third party service onto an internally built service for the third most frequently used workflow saving the company ~$1M in out of pocket costs annually
- Improved internal processes by partnering with Program and Engineering leadership and led condensing of three roadmaps into one centralized roadmap, supporting open communication of priority and lifecycle stage within R&D and throughout company
- Enabled sales to overcome substantial roadblocks by an emerging competitive product by building relationships and integrations with key business partners, including Microsoft and Google, satisfying market requirements