Product Manager with experience building user-centric B2B enterprise software. Previously a Startup Founder and UX Designer with a passion for solving market problems, growing businesses, and making life easier with technology. Proven record of taking products from concept to launch successfully via developing a thorough understanding of the market, establishing and tracking metrics, building relationships with primary stakeholders, and putting users first throughout the entire product lifecycle.
- Product Vision & Strategy
- Product Interviewing and Testing
- Agile/Scrum product development
- Product Launch Planning
- Cross-functional Leadership
- Metric Focused
Instructure, Remote in Portland, OR
Instructure is an educational software company with an industry leading Learning Management System, Canvas, which is a platform for K12 and Higher Education online courses.
- Created and defined the initial MVP for Canvas Commons, a Learning Object Repository, and launched to beta in six months, delivering on a strategic market timeline
- Led the product adoption strategy of Canvas Commons with marketing, sales, and customer success, which resulted in 85% adoption by the account base in a one year period
- Created, established buy-in, and kicked-off the business case to reduce customer support costs by a conservative estimate of > $1M via integrating a service that alleviated friction for workflows requiring the most support intervention and contributed to the company-wide goal to become profitable
- Strategized and led product development of the account migration of six million users off of a third party service onto an internally built service for the third most frequently used workflow saving the company ~$1M in out of pocket costs annually
- Improved internal processes by partnering with Program and Engineering leadership and led condensing of three roadmaps into one centralized roadmap, supporting open communication of priority and lifecycle stage within R&D and throughout company
- Enabled sales to overcome substantial roadblocks by an emerging competitive product by building relationships and integrations with key business partners, including Microsoft and Google, satisfying market requirements
Co-Founder & Product Designer
Skillcrush, New York, NY
Skillcrush’s goal is to empower young professional women in their careers with technical skills and digital fluency via online classes paired with a community of mentors and learners.
- Performed user research to understand and establish the user personas and define market problems
- Built brand and designed UX/UI to appeal to target demographicn
- Managed product marketing efforts to expand awareness of product capabilities
- Created style guides for engineering to ensure consistency in user interface
- Performed user testing to validate prototypes and improve workflows
- Brooklyn Beta Summer Camp 2012 Incubator Participant
- Investors: Brooklyn Beta, Collaborative Fund
Balance Media, New York, NY
Balance Media excelled at delivering custom product and application development for large media companies.
- Successfully conceptualized and led in the acquisition of major clients, including WNYC, ProPublica, MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, and The New York Times, and played a significant role in increasing the company’s first-year growth
- Utilized new start-up and development techniques to create and develop the initial start-up business plans, using financial modeling and product development
- Assisted clients in the development of their online products, and proficiently steered them into production and development, using product management and product marketing efforts
- Conceptualized and developed effective branding strategies to incorporate into new product marketing launches, resulting in successful product marketing outcomes for the clients
- Identified new trends within the industry and implemented appropriate application development products, focusing on the specific needs of the client
- Efficiently managed and oversaw the work of a variety of team members, including Copywriters, Project Managers, Designers, Front-End and Back-End Developers