I’m a designer that does her best when I get to partner with product managers to unveil user pain points. I’m committed to a design thinking approach. I conduct design research, create prototypes, gather and analyze data and conducting user testing as part of the design process. I’ve shipped many products from millions of users in B2B enterprise to launching a small B2C startup. I have prior experience as a product manager and startup founder, which enables me to have a holistic product lifecycle view.
- Product Design & Strategy
- UX Research
- Design Thinking
- Usability Testing
- Design Systems
- Cross Functional Leadership
Instructure, Remote in Portland, OR
Instructure is an educational software company with an industry leading Learning Management System, Canvas, which is a platform for K12 and Higher Education online courses.
- Created and defined the initial MVP for Canvas Commons, a Learning Object Repository, and launched to beta in six months, delivering on a strategic market timeline
- Led the product adoption strategy of Canvas Commons with marketing, sales, and customer success, which resulted in 85% adoption by the account base in a one year period
- Created, established buy-in, and kicked-off the business case to reduce customer support costs by a conservative estimate of > $1M via integrating a service that alleviated friction for workflows requiring the most support intervention and contributed to the company-wide goal to become profitable
- Strategized and led product development of the account migration of six million users off of a third party service onto an internally built service for the third most frequently used workflow saving the company ~$1M in out of pocket costs annually
- Improved internal processes by partnering with Program and Engineering leadership and led condensing of three roadmaps into one centralized roadmap, supporting open communication of priority and lifecycle stage within R&D and throughout company
- Enabled sales to overcome substantial roadblocks by an emerging competitive product by building relationships and integrations with key business partners, including Microsoft and Google, satisfying market requirements
Co-Founder & Product Designer
Skillcrush, New York, NY
Skillcrush’s goal is to empower young professional women in their careers with technical skills and digital fluency via online classes paired with a community of mentors and learners.
- Performed user research to understand and establish the user personas and define market problems
- Built brand and designed UX/UI to appeal to target demographicn
- Managed product marketing efforts to expand awareness of product capabilities
- Created style guides for engineering to ensure consistency in user interface
- Performed user testing to validate prototypes and improve workflows
- Brooklyn Beta Summer Camp 2012 Incubator Participant
- Investors: Brooklyn Beta, Collaborative Fund
Balance Media, New York, NY
Balance Media excelled at delivering custom product and application development for large media companies.
- Successfully conceptualized and led in the acquisition of major clients, including WNYC, ProPublica, MTV, VH1, Nickelodeon, and The New York Times, and played a significant role in increasing the company’s first-year growth
- Utilized new start-up and development techniques to create and develop the initial start-up business plans, using financial modeling and product development
- Assisted clients in the development of their online products, and proficiently steered them into production and development, using product management and product marketing efforts
- Conceptualized and developed effective branding strategies to incorporate into new product marketing launches, resulting in successful product marketing outcomes for the clients
- Identified new trends within the industry and implemented appropriate application development products, focusing on the specific needs of the client
- Efficiently managed and oversaw the work of a variety of team members, including Copywriters, Project Managers, Designers, Front-End and Back-End Developers